Football was introduced to Jagodina in 1906 when Sreten Adzic – founder and director of Boys Teacher Training School – brought the ball over from Vienna.
After initiative from Milan Trifunovic as well as several former Serbian war soldiers and homeland returnees, FC Zora was founded in 1919.
Upon returning home from Skopje, Josip Baner – brother of Franc Baner who brought the second ball over to Jagodina – came up with an idea to organize first official football match in Jagodina. FC Zora`s opponent in that encounter was mixed side consisting of FC Jugoslavija and FC BSK players, and Zora managed emphatic 6-0 win. By 1921 Zora seized to exist but SC Sparta was founded, and that team won the top spot of Sumadija District League in 1922/23 season. Also in 1921 and from SC Sparta base, JSC Buducnost was founded but this club was banned from operating in 1923.
JSC Daca was formed in 1926.
JSC Hajduk and JSC Tomislav were founded in 1928, but they seized to exist in 1932. That same year new football club was formed – JSC Sloga, but this side also seized its operations soon after. JSC (Jagodina Sports Club) was then formed in Autumn of 1935.
JSC Radnicki was founded in 1938 but cancelled out by the Autumn 1940. During the 1941-1945 WWII, JSC was one of the finest sides in occupied Yugoslavia. In 1943, JSC played 45 matches winning 32 and drawing 3 which led to top spot of Moravicka District League. In a Serbian State League qualifiers JSC won SC Sumadija Kragujevac. This team played its last game on 25th of May 1944, winning SC Karadjordje Paracin 1-0.
SA Polet was founded on Europe`s Day, 9th of May 1945, and gets to compete in Morava District championship. By the end of 1946, this club changes its name into FC Nikcevic, in honour of Communist party official.
Greatest success of this club was qualifying for the last 32 round of Yugoslav Cup, in 1947. Two years later, FC Nikcevic changes its name for FC Sloga and competes in Kragujevac Sub-Association League followed by year 1951 name change into FC Mladost
and season 1954/55 FC Morava
Parallel with development of original club, Jagodina sees the forming of another football club – FC Mladi Radnik in 1948, with this side changing its name in 1952, becoming FC Jedinstvo.
FC Svetozarevo was founded in 1952 and, due to a newly opened cable factory changes its name into FC Kablovi (cables). After fusion of three clubs – FC Morava, FC Jedinstvo and YFC Kablovi, all from former town of Svetozarevo – FK Jagodina gets formed on 14th of October 1962.
Capacity of original stadium, built in 1958, was 20000 spectators.
Curently Jagodina works on modern floodlights stadium with 10000 capacity. Clubs colours are blue and white.
FC Jagodina played five seasons in Serbian League and had no success in reaching higher tier. After relegation to lowest Serbian tier, Jagodina returns to upper echeleons of Serbian football in 2006/07 season and gets promoted to First Telecom League.
Greatest club`s achievements were second tier (Zone 4) promotion in 1957/58 season, promotion to First B League in 1993/94 season
and Telecom Serbia League 1 entry in 2007/08 season
followed by greatest success of all – Jagodina reaching Serbian Meridian Super League in 2008/09 season.
Most renowned players in Jagodina`s history are: Jovica Nikolic ( played for Olympic national team that won bronze in 1984 Games, Yugoslav national team and FC Crvena Zvezda), Zvonko Milojevic (later of FC Crvena Zvezda, Yugoslav national team, followed by playing appointment in Belgium), Svetozar Andrejic (later of FC Crvena Zvezda and FC Celik Zenica), Vladimir Joksic (later of Napredak Krusevac, FC Galenika and FC Bor), Radoslav Nikodijevic ( FC Partizan and foreign career in Sweden and Greece), Miroslav Markovic (FC Sloboda Tuzla and FC Partizan) and Stevan Balov.